FanEx Sports NBA Daily Fantasy Recap for 1/16/2014
Thursday's Top 5 NBA Players:
The first game of the day was not included into the FanEx contests, but the Brooklyn Nets played the Atlanta Hawks in London kicking off the first Global Game of the season. The Nets easily handled the Hawks winning 127 to 110 with the leading scorer in the game being Joe "Jesus" Johnson with 29 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds (36 FanEx points). The other two games of the night, IND v NYK and OKC v HOU, provided us with familiar faces at the top.
- The guards were highlighted by the great play from Lance Stephenson who had 28 points and 4 assists totally to 38 FanEx points and helping the Pacers improve to a NBA best 31-7 record, and Reggie Jackson who finished with 23 points, 6 steals, and 4 assists totally to 40 FanEx points.
- The forwards were led by the leading scorer in the NBA, Kevin Durant, who finished with 36 points, 7 assists , and 5 rebounds totally to 41 FanEx points, and the second leading scorer, Carmelo Anthony, who finished with 28 points and 7 rebounds totally to 36 FanEx points in the blowout loss to the Pacers.
- The leading center from last night's game was not Dwight Howard or Roy Hibbert, but was Serge Ibaka. Ibaka helped the Thunder defeat the Rockets with 21 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks totally to 43 FanEx points to lead all FanEx players last night.
- The scoring champion winning line-up that would have led to a total of 80 points was led by none other than Kevin Durant with 36 points followed by Lance Stephenson (28 points), and Terrence Jones (16 points).
- The 3 Bigs that would have produced the winning line-up totally 24 rebounds was: Serge Ibaka (15 rebounds), Kendrick Perkins (8 rebounds), and Nick Collison or Cole Aldrich (both with 3 rebounds).
- The 3 Guards that would have produced the winning line-up totaling 12 assists was: George Hill (5 assists), Raymond Felton (5 assists), and Iman Shumpert or Donald Sloan (both with 2 assists).
- The Free Throw leaders from last night’s game that would have led to a total of 23 FanEx points was: Kevin Durant (16 points), Lance Stephenson (5 points), and Tyson Chandler or Terrence Jones or Jeremy Lin (all with 2 points).
- LAC v NYK at 7:00PM EST (On ESPN)
- CHA v ORL at 7:00PM EST
- MIA v PHI at 7:00PM EST
- MIN v TOR at 7:00PM EST
- CHI v WAS at 7:00PM EST
- LAL v BOS at 7:30PM EST
- UTA v DET at 7:30PM EST
- SAC v MEM at 8:00PM EST
- POR v SAS at 8:30PM EST
- CLE v DEN at 9:00PM EST
- DAL v PHX at 9:00PM EST
- GSW v OKC at 9:30PM EST (On ESPN)