FanEx Sports NBA Daily Fantasy Recap for 2/27/2014
Thursday's NBA Headlines:
- LeBron played his first game back from the broken nose he endured last week against the Thunder, and who knew that his black colored mask would create so much buzz across the internet. Being compared to Batman and Zorro with his look, he still shined against a struggling Knicks team dropping 31 points in what turned out to be a rout of the Knicks which everyone predicted.
- The Washington vs Toranto game went into Triple OT and gave all fantasy owners tons of extra points from any of those players including Gortat who scored 51 FanEx points and John Wall who led the Wizards to the victory with 44 FanEx points.
- The Nuggets seemed as though they were somewhere else other than at Denver because the Nets came into town after their 44 point lose to rout the Nuggets from start to finish. The Nuggets only scored 8 points in the first quarter (which was not a franchise low) and simply seemed uninterested in hustling or playing inspired basketball. While some value game out of this game if you grabbed some second string players from the Nuggets, but it was definitely hard to watch on prime-time television.
- Caron Butler was bought out by the Bucks and is going to sign with the Thunder once he clears waivers later today, so could this be the last piece the Thunder need to get them over the hump to win a championship?
- Danny Granger was bought out by the 76ers and is slotted to sign with the Clippers as the Clippers are void in that position off the bench with the injury to J.J. Reddick and now Crawford. Granger has been far from impressive in his return so we will have to wait and see how much work time he gets with his new team.
- Lastly, Jimmer Fredette has cleared waivers from the Kings and is planning on signing with the Bulls. This could boost Jimmer's fantasy value because the Bulls struggle to put points on the board and Jimmer was a stud shooter in college.
- Stephen Curry - Last season Stephen Curry had the highest point average against the Knicks averaging 40 points in his two meetings against them. Tonight's game in MSG should be a fun one with limited defense, so I expect Curry and Carmelo to go back in forth in what could be a shootout leading to tons of fantasy points. However, the Knicks have been terrible so if there is a rout again Curry may not reach his potential value.
- Isaiah Thomas, Rudy Gay, & other Kings - The Lakers have been in the top five in the NBA of teams that give up the most fantasy points per game to opposing players. Without Cousins tonight, the Kings need to get that scoring from somewhere else and I expect that the extra production will come from the main two scorers on the Kings team: Thomas and Gay. The other Kings players are in play as well due to the lack of defense the Lakers play.
- Ish Smith - Last game Ish scored 30 FanEx points due to the absence of Dragic, and tonight Dragic is a game time decision. If Dragic gives it a go, fade Ish as his production would be heavily reduced; however, if Dragic sits then Ish is a great fill-in at the Guard position.
- Gordon Hayward - A lot of people have been staying clear of Hayward due to his recent struggles, but as his price has dropped his value has increased. His last game out he was one assist away from a triple double and tonight he faces a Cavs team that isn't the best defensive team in the NBA. Also with CJ Miles and Waiters out for the Cavs, Hayward will be facing a short-handed Cavs team with not a lot of guys to throw at Hayward on the defensive end. Look for him to reach his value tonight.
- UTA v CLE at 7:30PM EST
- MEM v OKC at 8:00PM EST
- GSW v NYK at 8:00PM EST
- CHI v DAL at 8:30PM EST
- CHA v SAS at 8:30PM EST
- SAC v LAL at 10:30PM EST
- NOP v PHX at 10:30PM EST