Fanex Sports NBA Daily Fantasy Recap for 2/5/2014
- The Lakers dressed 8 players, 2 got injured and 2 fouled out, so the NBA rule is that the last person to foul out stays in the game and every time he fouls there after is a personal foul and a technical. After being up by 30 at one point, the Lakers pulled it out with only "4 players" beating the Cavs on their home floor with Kyrie never touching the court in the fourth quarter...
- Blake Griffin and LeBron James put on a show in Hollywood throwing slam after slam, but in the end James got the victory despite Blake's 43 point performance.
- Tim Duncan turned back time with his double overtime performance without his wing-man Tony Parker, who got injured in the first half and did not return.
- John Wall: John Wall makes it on this list again this week putting on yet another great show in Washington. He dropped 14 points in the first quarter and came up big in the first overtime stealing the in-bounds pass from Duncan and making a layup wot send the game into double OT. However, Wall's performance wasn't enough as he finished with 29 points, 9 assists, and 4 steals (49 FanEx points) in a double overtime lose to the Spurs.
- Jeff Green: Green hasn't been a steady fantasy option this season, but every once in a while he has a huge game outperforming his value. Last night, Green caught fire in the third dropping 17 points alone in the quarter ultimately finishing with 36 points and 8 rebounds to help the Celtics defeat the 76ers in Philly. Green finished with 47 FanEx points.
- LeBron James: James is always a triple double waiting to happen and last night he came close again. Miami set a franchise record with 15 assists in the first quarter, and LeBron was the primary player dishing them out finishing with 12 assists on the game. In among his dimes and rebounds (8), James was flying high in Hollywood throwing down major dunks and knocking down jumpers, overall leading to a total of 31 points (52 FanE points) and a Miami victory.
- Blake Griffin: Griffin has been nothing short of fantastic ever since Chris Paul went down 17 games ago, and last night Griffin had his best game during that stretch. Despite a sore lower back, Griffin had high flying dunks, sweet fadeaways, and nice post moves helping him lead the league in scoring last night with 43 points (60 FanEx points). Additionally, Griffin grabbed 15 boards and dished out 6 assists, but James and the Heat got the victory in Hollywood.
- Tim Duncan: Duncan turned back father time last night with an unbelievable performance in a double-overtime victory over the Wizards. Although he fouled out in the second overtime, Duncan was phenomenal in the third quarter leading a Spurs comeback to ultimately force the first overtime. Duncan finished with 31 points, 11 rebounds, and 5 assists totally to 54 FanEx points.
- The 3 Scoring Champions from last night’s big slate of games that would have led to a total of 105 points were: LeBron James (31 points), Blake Griffin (43 points), and Tim Duncan (31 points).
- The 3 Bigs that produced the winning Mounds of Rebounds lineup totally 45 rebounds were: Blake Griffin (15 rebounds), DaAndre Jordan (16 rebounds), and Spencer Hawes (14 rebounds).
- The 3 Guards that produced the winning lineup dishing out 36 assists were: Ty Lawson (13 assists), Brandon Jennings (10 assists), and Jeff Teague (13 assists).
- The Free Throw leaders from last night’s games that led to a total of 34 FanEx points was: Anthony Davis (8 points), James Harden (12 points), and Isaiah Thomas (14 points).
- SAS v BKN at 8:00PM EST
- CHI v GSW at 10:30PM EST