FanEx Sports NBA Daily Fantasy Recap for 3/4/2014
Tuesday's Top Stars:
- Kevin Durant - The talk of the league over the last few days has been centered around the MVP talk: LeBron or Durant? Depending on who plays that night, voters seem to be changing their minds daily seesawing between the two best players in the league. On Monday, LeBron seemed to regain control of the MVP race or at least made it a closer battle, but last night Durant reasserted himself with a 42 point performance in only three quarters. Now granted both of these performances came against some of the worst defense in the league, Durant got the upper-hand last night as LeBron only finished with 22 points and 6 assists. Durant ultimately finished with 42 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 assists gathering a total of 57 FanEx points (compared to just 34 for LeBron). Now I am sure LeBron will respond with another great performance pushing the ball back in Durant's court, but for right now Durant definitely has the top spot in this race with only 42 days left in the regular season.
- Pau Gasol - Being the captain of a sinking ship doesn't bode well in the real world, but in the world of fantasy that means tons of touches and great value. Since returning from injury, Pau Gasol has been nothing but a fantasy value machine averaging 17 points and 10 rebounds on the season. Now his fantasy salary will likely increase due to his outstanding outings, but Pau Gasol is one of the few centers you can trust to get you at least 25 FanEx points a night simply due to the amount of touches he is receiving at the moment.
- Pelicans "Big Three" - Anyone against the Lakers and 76ers is almost a must play and last night Anthony Davis proved why. He scored 28 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in a winning effort against the Lakers. Additionally, his two running mates, Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans, both had great nights with 28-2-6 and 24-7-11 respectively. Anthony Davis is a top tier baller who should be considered almost every night in fantasy. Tyreke Evans has been on a tear over his last three games and he seems to be returning to his rookie year talent, so hopefully he realizes he can play in the NBA and continues to assert himself into this Pelicans offense.
- Russell Westbrook - Russell was on my guys to play last night and he didn't disappoint putting up a triple-double in only 20 minutes. While he didn't play the entire game like I predicted, he was absolutely lights out when he was in finishing with 13 points, 14 assists, and 10 rebounds totally to 37 FanEx points
- Ty Lawson - Ty Lawson returned from injury with a bang scoring 31 points and dishing out 11 assists. Tonight he plays against the Dallas Mavericks and he is relatively cheap on FanEx at $43.29. I would use him tonight as he is a lower price allowing you to use the rest of the cash to spend elsewhere on someone like Kevin Love or Paul George.
- Vince Carter - Carter has been riding a good stretch of games for the Mavericks averaging 18.8 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 5 assists over the last 5 games. He plays a Denver team who is playing lack-luster basketball as of late, so ride Carter's hot hand tonight as he looks to continue this stretch.
- Terrance Jones - With Dwight Howard banged up and resting a sore back, look for the Houston Rockets to rely more on Jones in tonight's game against the Magic. Over the last two he has delivered two 20 point 10 rebound games, and I have no reason to believe he won't continue this good stretch again tonight.
- Amar'e Stoudamire - If Amar'e gets the start tonight for the Knicks against the Timberwolves, I like him for his value that he is slated at ($25.50). While he will be facing a legit threat in Kevin Love, I think that Stoudamire will reach his value tonight as in his last start he dropped 22 points and grabbed 6 rebounds.
- Paul Pierce - Kevin Garnett is a scratch for tonight's game against the Memphis Grizzles, and while Kevin hasn't been performing all that well this season Paul Pierce is picking up his play. At only $29.50, I think Pierce has a good shot at reaching his value tonight and being a good play in Pick 5's and Pick 7's.
- IND v CHA at 7:00PM EST
- HOU v ORL at 7:00PM EST
- UTA v WAS at 7:00PM EST
- GSW v BOS at 7:30PM EST
- MEM v BKN at 7:30PM EST
- CHI v DET at 7:30PM EST
- SAC v MIL at 8:00PM EST
- NYK v MIN at 8:00PM EST
- DAL v DEN at 8:00PM EST
- ATL v POR at 10:30PM EST