Monmouth releases provisional ‘Pharoah’ schedule
Triple Crown champion American Pharoah is scheduled to arrive at Monmouth Park in New Jersey from California on Wednesday, July 29.
The Bob Baffert-trained bay colt is targeting the $1 million Haskell Invitational (G1) on August 2 at Monmouth.
The track released the following tentative schedule for the star colt:
· American Pharoah will arrive at Atlantic City International Airport at 1:30 p.m. (EDT) Wednesday 7/29.
· A Police escort will take the Triple Crown winner from the airport to the Monmouth Park stable area, where he will bedded down in Kelly Breen's barn.
· American Pharoah will gallop over the track on Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 7:30-7:50 a.m.
· The Clubhouse will be open to the public on Friday and Saturday from 7-8 a.m. to watch American Pharoah gallop.
· The track will be restricted to Haskell participants only from 7:30-7:50 a.m. Thursday-Saturday
· The Haskell Invitational Press Conference and Post Position Draw will be Thursday 7/30 at noon (invitation only).
· American Pharoah is set to school in the paddock on Friday 7/31 with the field for the first race (12:50 p.m. - weather permitting).
· Haskell Day, Sunday, Aug. 2 -- post time for the main event will be 5:52 p.m.
NBC is scheduled to provide coverage of the Haskell from 5-6 p.m.