How to Bet on the Preakness Stakes - Saturday, May 20thThe Preakness Stakes is the second leg of the Triple Crown and is held two weeks after the Kentucky Derby. Always Dreaming looks to build on his huge victory at the Kentucky Derby and win the second leg of what could be a historic Triple Crown run! Below is a detailed guide on how to place a wager on the Preakness Stakes with BetAmerica. You don't have to be at Pimlico to bet on the Preakness- you can bet on your favorite horses from the comfort of your own home (or even on your cell phone!) with BetAmerica is a safe, secure and legal way. Click here to open a BetAmerica account for free.
Step 1 - Open a BetAmerica AccountTo open the BetAmerica registration page click HERE. You will need to fill out your basic contact information including: Name, Address, Phone, and Email
Pick a unique username and password of your choice
Fill-in your date of birth and last four digits of your SSN (This is purely to verify your information)
If the information you entered does not get verified due to an error, please contact our customer service team at 866-607-7929 or 701-232-1328
Step 2 - Deposit FundsYou will be automatically directed to the deposit page (pictured to the right) after you log in for the first time.
We offer a variety of deposit options.
If this is your first time depositing, your initial deposit will be matched 200% up to $400. For more information regarding our deposit bonus click HERE.
Step 3 - Place a bet on the Preakness Stakes
- After you make your initial deposit, you will see all of the available tracks you can wager on in the left sidebar. For the Preakness Stakes, find and click on "Pimlico" under "My Tracks" to open up the Handicapping page for Pimlico Racetrack. On Friday, click on "Preakness Adv" to open the Preakness Stakes Handicapping pages.(Example shown below)
- The Preakness Stakes is Race 13 and this is where you can see the runners and riders for this years running of the 142nd Preakness Stakes.
- Before you make your wager you might want to check out all of our free handicapping information by clicking on "Quick View" in the upper left.
- Once you know what bet you want to make, click on "WIN" and select your bet type you wish to use. (If you are unsure of the bet types, click HERE for more information). Select your $ amount for your wager.
- Select your horses by clicking on the green circle next to your desired horses which will create a bet at the bottom of the screen. Click "Add to Bet Slip" and this will add it to your bet slip in the right side bar.
- Lastly, submit all of your bets on the Preakness Stakes by clicking "Submit All Bets" in the right side bar. You are all set now to sit back and watch your horse win the Preakness Stakes with our free live video in the top right!