1501 West Bell Road Phoenix, AZ 85023 Phone: (602) 942-1101 Websitewww.turfparadise.com
Racing Season: September - May
Notable Turf Paradise Live Racing Events
- Turf Paradise Handicap | 4-year-olds & up going 1-1/16 mi. on turf
- Cotton Fitzsimmons Mile | 4-year-olds & up going 1 mi. on turf
- Arizona Oaks | 3-year-old fillies going 1 mi.
- Luke Kruytbosch | 3-year-olds going 1-1/16 mi.
Recent Turf Paradise News
History of Turf Paradise Horse RacingTurf Paradise opened in 1956 on 1,400 acres of land purchased two years earlier by Phoenix businessman Walter Cluer, and was the first professional sports franchise to open in Arizona. Some 50 years later, Turf Paradise is the third largest sports attraction in the Grand Canyon state. Besides the race track and several shopping outlets, an equine pool for training and therapy was installed on the backstretch in 2003to assist horses racing at the track.
Turf Paradise Racing: Track SpecificationsWith a backstretch built to accommodate 2,000 horses and a 4f training track, Turf Paradise is one of horse racing's the premiere destinations for training.
- The main racetrack is a 1 mile oval with 6.5f and 1-1/14 mi. chutes with an 85 foot wide backstretch and a 90 foot wide homestretch, and 5% banking on the turns. The dirt is comprised of a 6" sandy loam cushion over a 8" compacted, and a 10" clay base.
- The turf race course is a 7f oval with a 1-1/8 chute and is 62 feet wide with 3% banking on the turns. The grass is 6" of a Bermuda and Winter Rye hybrid.
What to Do at the RacetrackThe amenities at Turf Paradise let their visitors enjoy world-class live horse racing in style. The racetrack has great dining options, from the upscale Turf Club dining room to The Player’s Club, one of the tracks many sports bars. The racetrack also hosts a plethora of events including discounts, giveaways and festivals.
Find the latest payouts and horse race results from Turf Paradise at BetAmerica.com!